Welcome to The Carnivourus Herbivore!

Books, Stories, Life and More!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reading.

It may be hard to believe, but when I was younger, I hated reading. Seriously. I did not like reading. I mean, I enjoyed some reading, little books only. And I wouldn't try big ones. One day, my book loving mother shoved at me a book and said "read this" I looked at her like she was crazy. That book was at least two inches thick! "I can't read this!" I exclaimed "it's too big!"
"You will read it, and you will like it" she told me.
So, I read it.
And it was amazing. I mean, how could I ever have been so naive as to not enjoy this?! That book changed my life forever. It opened me up to bigger books, and to the joy and freedom of reading. That book, as it has been for several other kids, was Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone.
I am totally addicted to books now, and have been for several years. I think if I stopped reading, I would most likely go into withdrawal. I love reading, it's an escape from reality and I welcome it. I fall so deeply in love with the characters and worlds, I find it so utterly amazing that someone actually wrote it! It feels SO real. I read about a book a day, and sometimes two if they are smaller. I just can't stop. Why would I want to?
If you don't like reading, you simply haven't found your book yet. Keep trying. Eventually you'll find it. It may be a book your friend points out, a school project, a parental force, or just lack of anything else to do, but you'll find it. And then you'll understand, why this is so amazing, why I love it so much. I hope you find your book soon!
Bri Pi


No comments:

Post a Comment